I discovered this recipe on a solar cooking site, used it successfully in my new and improved solar cooker (plans and pictures coming very soon!) and also in place of regular school glue for crafts and projects. In scientific tests, this glue has proven to be just as strong as regular white glue, so you don't have to be concerned about its holding power.
This glue is a much cheaper alternative to regular glue. Why not give it a try today?
|Project made with homemade glue.|
1 cup boiling water
3 tablespoons white flour
4 tablespoons cold water
1 tablespoon sugar
1. Put boiling water in a pot.
2. Mix flour and cold water well. Use a whisk to get rid of any clumps.
|Flour water mixture.|
|Flour water mixture combined with boiling water.|
4. Turn on fire under the pot and heat until mixture thickens. Mix constantly. This should take only a minute or two.
5. Once thick, turn off fire and mix in sugar.
6. Transfer to a container for storage, and then put in the refrigerator.
|Finished glue. What remained after doing the above project.|
Have you ever made homemade glue? What was in yours? Do you think you might ever give this a try?