4 carrots, (2 cups chopped)
6-8 potatoes (4 cups diced)
3 pickles (I used homemade easy pickles)
3-4 tablespoons mayonnaise (I used homemade vegan flax based mayo)
Salt to taste
Vinegar (optional- I used apple cider vinegar)
Garlic powder (optional)
Onion (scallions, fresh onions, or onion flakes- optional)
1. Boil the beets until soft.
2. In another pot boil the carrots and potatoes until soft.
3. Chop up the beets, potatoes, carrots, and pickles .
4. Mix in enough mayonnaise to coat lightly.
5. Season with salt.
6. If desired, for more oomph, add more vinegar, garlic powder, onions, and/or dill.
7. Serve cold.
Ever had or heard of Russian vinegret before? What was in it?
Does this look like a recipe you'd try?