You have no idea how annoying it was- I had typed up a recipe to post today, included all the pictures and a whole long write up... and then as I'm about to publish it, I realize I forgot to include the main ingredient, and its quantity, into the recipe... so, so much for posting that recipe today- I'll need to make that recipe again, and then see how much of the main ingredient I put in it, before I can post it.
So instead, since I really wanted to get a blog post up, I'll share this recipe I had in my archives waiting to be posted... even though I can't find the picture to go with it. But let me just explain to you how it looks, so you can picture it in your mind's eye- an offwhite creamy, velvety, and smooth soup.
2 tablespoons oil
1 extra large onion or two medium sized onions
2 fennel heads
6 medium potatoes
6 cups chicken broth (I used scrap broth)
2 teaspoons ground fennel seeds (I used foraged fennel seeds but store bought also works)
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 1/4 cup milk of choice (I used homemade sunflower milk, but any kind will do)
1/2 teaspoon thyme
2-4 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Chop the onions and garlic. Saute in oil until golden.
2. Chop the fennel. Add. Saute until starting to brown.
3. Chop the potatoes. Add. Saute for 5 minutes.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients other than milk and lemon juice.
5. Boil until all the ingredients are completely soft.
6. Blend up, ideally with a blender stick, until completely smooth.
7. Add the milk, and mix well.
8. Add the lemon juice, a little bit at a time, until perfect.
Have you ever had cream of fennel and potato soup? Have you ever had fennel in soup before? Does this look like a recipe you'd try?
Linking up to Allergy Free Wednesday, Real Food Wednesday