|The finished "meat". Haha, I know!!! Not the most photogenic|
food, but what do you expect? It's supposed to taste
good and be a filling; it isn't so presentable in things...
1 extra large onion, or two large onions, fried
2 medium eggplants, cubed, and fried
1/2 cup fried mushrooms
~1 cup ground walnuts (unpacked), 1 cup walnuts whole
1.5 cup cooked green lentils
1/2 tsp garlic
1/4 tsp sage
1/2 tsp dijon mustard
1-2 tsp salt (to taste)
1. Dice onions and fry in oil until brown, and almost burning. Put in a container.
2. Peel and dice eggplant. Fry in oil until browned and nearly burnt. Add to the onions.
3. Slice and fry your mushrooms. Add to your eggplant and onions.
4. Cook your lentils. Add to your eggplant, mushrooms and onions.
5. Grind/blend/process your walnuts. Add to all the other ingredients.
6. Add the spices.
7. Using an immersion blender or food processor, blend up the food until you have a nice mixture.
8. Use your meat filling however your heart desires.
Are you a vegan or vegetarian, or do you ever host vegetarians? Do you think you'd ever use this recipe? What would you use the filling for?
Have you made any vegetarian meat substitute? What was in it?
Linking up to Tuesdays at the Table, Fat Tuesday, Tasty Tuesday, Traditional Tuesday, Hearth and Soul Blog Hop, Frugal Tip Tuesday, WFMW, Real Food Wednesday, Wellness Weekend, Fight Back Friday, Freaky Friday, Frugal Friday,