Have you ever seen a recipe calling for French fried onions, and wondering where you can buy them, or even what on earth they were? Have you ever wondered if you can make these yourself and not need to pay an overpriced fee for this topping? Wonder no more, because French fried onions are so easy to make at home.
1. Slice onions into thin crescents.
2. Soak the onions in water flavored with sugar and salt for 5 minutes.
3. Dip the onions in flour, coating them thoroughly.
4. Deep fry on very hot until they're crunchy and golden.
5. Let oil drip off onto a cloth napkin.
6. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
Use as toppings on casseroles, salads, chicken, cooked veggies, or anything else. You can even munch on them plain!
Do you ever use French fried onions? What is your favorite thing to do with French Fried onions?