|Pizza with homemade tomato sauce, mushrooms, olives, |
and vegan cheese sauce made with homemade almond milk
|In flatbread form|
7-8 medium sized potatoes
1/2 cup ground flax seeds
3/4+1/8 cups ground almonds (probably any other ground nut or seed would work just as well)
1/2-1 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup potato starch
1/3 cup potato flakes
1. Bake the potatoes in the oven until fully soft.
2. Peel the potatoes, then stick them in the food procesor until fully blended up. This will make them sticky- you want them sticky.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients, other than the oil, and mix well.
4. Roll out on parchment paper- oil the parchment paper, and then sandwich the dough in between the two oiled pieces, and roll out with a rolling pin. Carefully peel off the upper parchment paper. If making pizza, leave the crust about 1/4 of an inch thick or slightly more. If flatbreads, roll thinner. If desired, cut with a pizza cutter into desired shapes if making flatbreads or crackers.
5. Bake at 350. If making pizza, cook until the top starts to brown a bit. Remove, put on toppings like sauce, cheese, etc... and then return to the oven to bake some more. If making crackers or flatbread, remove from the oven when completely solid.
6. Allow flatbread and crackers to fully cool before eating.
Have you ever had or seen a potato based pizza crust or bread? Does this look like a recipe you'd try?