This recipe works very well both with gluten flour or with an all purpose gluten free flour mix. It's a hit every time.
Chewy Delicious Brownies
1 cup oil of your choice or butter
2 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup cocoa powder
1 cup flour, either regular wheat flour, whole wheat flour, or all purpose gluten free flour
1. Cream sugar and oil/butter with a spoon or mixer.
2. Mix together the rest of the dry ingredients.
3. Add eggs to liquid mixture.
4. Add dry ingredients.
5. Mix well. It should be very thick.
6. Pour into 9 x 13 pan or similar sized baking dish. (I use the above round silicon dish.)
7. Bake at 350 until solid, between 30 and 45 minutes.
- You can add nuts or chocolate chips to the recipe; I usually leave these out as they just raise the price.
- I've used coconut oil, palm oil, and canola oil in this recipe with success.
- This recipe was doubled from the original recipe meant for a 9x9 inch pan. Feel free to halve it. I keep it doubled, because in its original size, it simply isn't enough.