So now the rules are that I have to tell you 10 things about myself that you probably don't know, and then pass on the award to 10 other bloggers.
So here goes... (Will I regret sharing this info? I hope not.)
1. I've gone through so many different career aspirations, from wanting to start a newspaper for at-risk youth, to being a teacher for gifted education, to wanting to be an orthodontist to wanting to be a psychologist to wanting to be a professional chef. Now I'm pretty content just being a Mommy and a blogger.
2. I was homeschooled in 9th grade and finished 3 years worth of high school credits in that one year.
3. I skipped 3 grades. 5th, 11th, and 12th. I started my one year of college when I was 15.
4. I hate history. Seriously. Its the only subject I ever managed to fail because I just couldn't bother studying something as boring as memorizing that the 14th Amendment is this and the 15th is that, and that Sir Frances Drake is x and that y happened in the year 1772. Names, dates, and numbers escape me, but I can remember concepts for years, even without reviewing the information.
5. When I meet someone, it usually takes me 4 or 5 times of hearing her name before I actually remember it.
6. I love meeting new people. I've been known to approach a random stranger on the bus and say "You're an english speaker? I am too! Lets get together sometime."
7. I've known my husband since I was 14.
8. I'm a lactivist, attachment parenting, nutrition conscious, and homebirth planning (next time around, if my finances allow it- no, I'm not pregnant at the moment) mom.
9. I love learning languages and even random phrases in many languages. I speak English and Hebrew fluently, am able to make myself understood in French, Sign language, Arabic, Spanish, Jewish/Yiddish, and Russian and speak a minimal amount of Japanese, Greek, German, and Afrikaans.
10. I have a big, loopy, loud, messy handwriting. I've always wondered what that said about me, but haven't been able to properly analyze it, because most of these handwriting analysis books/websites are referring to people who write in script... and I haven't written in script since we learned how to in 3rd grade.
I'm going to try to give this award to bloggers to whom I haven't already awarded this award when I got my Sunshine Award.Cooking Manager
My Creative Place
Cheap Healthy Good
Readers, do you read any of these blogs? Which ones? Which do you like best?